Angela Giles’ BIO
Angela Giles has over 10 years of sales and marketing expertise. Angela has been in the public relations and online marketing arena for the past 9 years. She specializes in emerging social media markets, PR 2.0 campaigns, and Mobile App niche marketing.
For the past 8 years, she has run her own marketing and PR consulting services for small business professionals. Her clients include Direct Marketers, HR Professionals, Fitness Gurus, Veterinarians, Online Vocal Singers, Chiropractors, Attorneys, MLM Professionals, and Gospel Preachers. Prior to that Angela was an IT Project Manager for Leap Wireless Communications and Novell, Inc. More information about Angela Giles can be found here:
IN THE SPOTLIGHT INTERVIEW
1. Please share with us what prompted you to create your website ShowcasingWomen.com?
Angela: I started collaborating with Suzanne Duret, the founder of ShowcasingWomen.com and felt it was a natural fit for me. I love helping other women achieve their entrepreneurial mindset and dreams.
2. There is no typical day in the life of an entrepreneur. Please share with us a sample of your day, start to finish.
Angela: Kids off to school , work out then daily power call at 10:30 with biz partners…work through to 5pm – dinner and homework, work from 7 to 9pm – then relax, scripture study with family, and bed.
3. What are your ‘can’t live without’ Smartphone or desktop applications?
Angela: I can live without anything because I improvise all the time and things are always changing…but I do love my Droid.
4. What are your tricks for time management?
Angela: 30 min increments – don’t allow anything to interrupt unless it is an emergencd.
5. What was the best advice you received when you started your career?
Angela: None –actually I am very self motivated.
6. Given the current economic climate, what has been your strategy for building awareness of what you do for short term and long term growth?
Angela: Give TONS OF VALUE – way more than your competition.
7. What is your proudest achievement as an accomplished entrepreneur?
Angela: The month I went past $10K – made me feel good. And the time my hubby decided to go back to school and I could support my family entirely!
8. How do you achieve balance in your life?
Angela: Major time chunking. I also put time to work for me. My family is very important to me so I involve them in every aspect of my business.
9. Your top 3 book recommendations?
- If you want to walk on water, you have to get out of the boat
- Think and grow rich
- My scriptures
10. What are your most rewarding charitable involvements?
Angela: I have them every day because I always help people for free. It builds a relationship that is based on mutual respect.
11. Who has influenced your career the most?
Angela: My husband has supported me from the very beginning. He passionately believes in me. That is enough for me!
12. What is your advice for someone interested in entrepreneurship?
Angela: Follow your passion, get a fabulous mentor, and don’t be afraid to make changes along the way.
Leave a Reply