Kevin Willett’s BIO
Friends of Kevin is the only networking group that brings together the business, non profit and artistic communities. It is unique because they combine in person monthly networking with online monthly promotion to offer you the chance to promote your business.
IN THE SPOTLIGHT INTERVIEW
1. What prompted you to start Friends of Kevin?
Kevin: I believe I am supposed to change the world so I started my own networking group to help connect my friends.
2. There is no typical day in the life of an entrepreneur. Please share with us a sample of your day, start to finish.
Kevin: Most days I am up by 5 responding to emails and posting information from my blog to promote my clients on social media.
3. What are your ‘can’t live without’ Smartphone or Desktop applications?
Kevin: I am very dependent on my Blackberry and my IPad.
4. What are your tricks for time management?
Kevin: Time management is not one of my strengths! I work a lot of hours but I love what I do.
5. What was the best advice you received when you started your career?
Kevin: The best advice I received when I started ‘Friends of Kevin’ was to remember to never get too high and never get too low.
6. Given the current economic climate, what has been your strategy for building awareness of your business for short term and long term growth?
Kevin: I have built my business through social media. For the first two years I attempted to connect with 50 people every day on either Facebook or LinkedIn.
7. What is your proudest achievement as an accomplished entrepreneur?
Kevin: I would say it was the first time I helped somebody find a job through the Friends of Kevin.
8. How do you achieve balance in your life?
Kevin: I just recently stopped working on Sundays.
9. Your top 3 book recommendations?
- [amazon_link id=”0316346624″ target=”_blank” container=”” container_class=”” ]’The Tipping Point'[/amazon_link] by Malcolm Gladwell
- ‘[amazon_link id=”0385512058″ target=”_blank” container=”” container_class=”” ]Never Eat Alone: And Other Secrets to Success, One Relationship at a Time[/amazon_link]’ by Keith Ferrazzi and Tahl Rahz
- ‘[amazon_link id=”1936661179″ target=”_blank” container=”” container_class=”” ]Networking Is A Contact Sport[/amazon_link]’ by Joe Sweeney and Mike Yorkey
10. What are your most rewarding charitable involvements?
Kevin: I serve as the Chairman of the Board of the Dracut Food Pantry.
11. Who has influenced your career the most?
Kevin: My friends and family who believed in me when I decided to chase my dream.
12. What is your advice for someone interested in entrepreneurship?
Kevin: Starting my own business was the greatest decision I have ever made. Do one thing today that will get you closer to starting your own business.
SOCIAL MEDIA FOR FRIENDS OF KEVIN
Leave a Reply