Lewis Howes’ BIO
IN THE SPOTLIGHT INTERVIEW
1. Oprah Winfrey has been inspiring us each month with her unique approach to life and to creating our very best lives so, as a tribute to her, A La Oprah, what did you know for sure when you decided to be a solo business practitioner?
Lewis: I knew that you had to have a passion for anything you do in order for it to be a long lasting run. You have to create quality relationships and treat everyone with respect and kindness… and also be true to yourself at all times.
2. Take us through a typical day with your schedule from start to finish.
Lewis: Grind in the morning, hustle in the afternoon, take some time to workout and relax with friends in the evening, then back on the grind before bed.
3. What are a few of your “can’t live without” applications on your personal computer/smart phone?
Lewis: *Hootsuite, Screenflow, Firefox on the computer, LinkedIn, Facebook, Dailybooth on my phone.*
4. What are your tricks for time management?
Lewis: Creating lists with dates and specific times for completing things helps me most of the time. It’s tough when you have so many projects on at once with many moving parts, so outsourcing as many tasks as possible helps a lot also.
5. Best advice received when you started your business?
Lewis: Hustle and be passionate and the rest I’ll learn along the way.
If given an extra hour each day to seek new ideas and brainstorm, what are some sources you turn to?
I’d turn to the gym or an athletic field. If I could compete in some type of team sport every day I would as I get my best ideas when I’m competing as you use your mind, body, vision, and awareness to do things differently.
6. Given the current economic climate, how has your strategy for your companies changed for the short-term and long-term?
Lewis: Nothing has changed for me as my businesses continue to grow through this economy. I focus on providing products and services that serve others and help them achieve their goals dramatically. As long as I keep helping others, that’s where my strategy will stay.
7. What’s been your proudest achievement as an entrepreneur?
Lewis: Publishing a book and speaking on stage with some of the greatest marketing minds in the world.
8. What are some of the ways that you achieve balance in your life?
Lewis: Working out, going to movies, getting away from my office as much as I can, and salsa dancing like there is no tomorrow.
9. Two books you would recommend highly to our readers (and why?)
Lewis: Influence by Robert Cialdini and 4 hour Workweek by Tim Ferriss. These guys are geniuses and every online marketer should read these books.
10. If you received a surprise bonus equal to half of your monthly salary, what (if anything) would you spend it on?
Lewis: Since I own my companies there wouldn’t ever be a surprise bonus. If I paid myself an extra bonus I’d increase my savings and investments that month and keep moving on towards bigger goals.
11. What are some of your most rewarding charitable involvements and why?
Lewis: I strive to donate more and more of my income on a monthly basis. I never had the option to do that before because I didn’t have any money when I first started out in business. Now I feel more blessed to be able to help others, and give more freely on a financial level. My goal is to start a scholarship fund for sports management students in the near future.
12. Who has been the most influential person to you as you’ve advanced in your career?
Lewis: I’d have to say Stuart Jenkins, one of my early on mentors, and Chris Hawker, a genius inventor who taught me a lot about business and gave me a chance when I was just starting out.
*Click on the link below to order your copy of Lewis Howes’ book today!
To learn more about Lewis Howes, please visit his website at: LewisHowes.com.
Social Media For Lewis Howes: