Manisha Patel’s BIO
Manisha Patel lived in UK for about 4.5 years. She came back to India in 2004. She had completed her MBA in International Business from a US University. Then she graduated from University in 2003. She learned many important entrepreneurial lessons in MBA and that prompted her to create a business called: ThreeSite.com.
More information about Manisha Patel can be found here:
IN THE SPOTLIGHT INTERVIEW
1. Please share with us what prompted you to create ThreeSite.com?
Manisha: I lived in UK for about 4.5 years. I came back to India in 2004. I had completed my MBA in International Business from a U.S. University. I graduated from University in 2003. I learned many important entrepreneurial lessons in my MBA Program and it prompted me to create a business called ThreeSite.com.
2. There is no typical day in the life of an entrepreneur. Please share with us a sample of your day, start to finish.
Manisha: Apart from being an entrepreneur, I also play two very important roles – Mother & Wife.
My day starts at around 5.30 am with 30 mins of refreshing and & light exercise in the green grass. I then prepare my son, Sean, for school.
After that, I and my husband prepare for work. In the evening, we have a family dinner with beautiful indian curries and dishes. At around 8.30 pm, I get back on my laptop and check my emails as many of my clients are in USA, UK and Europe.
Due to time zone differences, I need to touch base with my prospects and clients in the late evenings. I read motivational books in the evening and go to bed around 11.30 pm.
3. What are your ‘can’t live without’ Smartphone or desktop applications?
Manisha: The Following apps are a must for me as a business woman:
- MS Outlook – Calendar, Emails & To Do List I manage in Outlook
- CCleaner – to clean up temporary files
- Team Viewer
- Photoshop & Illustrator
4. What are your tricks for time management?
- Keep everything simple and straightforward. – KISS principle
- Never check your emails when you wake up.
- Planning, Planning, Planning
- Set SMART Goals – (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Reasonable and Time-Oriented Goals).
- Set time for completely relax for 10 mins a day (Switch off mobile phones, emails etc.)
- Be focused.
- Last but very important – don’t overwork
5. What was the best advice you received when you started your career?
Manisha: Quote by Steve Jobs – “Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle.”
6. Given the current economic climate, what has been your strategy for building awareness of ThreeSite.com for short-term and long-term growth?
Manisha: Our aim at ThreeSite.com is “Your Online Success Is Our Business”.
In the current climate, we would like to help individuals and small businesses as much as we can in order to grow their online business by offering cost effective services such as web design, search engine optimization, social media marketing, wordpress website development, virtual assistant, link building and iPhone app development.
We have designed highly popular and cost-effective packages for micro and small businesses:
In long run, we want to add more services and also would like to serve more customers across US, UK, Europe, Australia & New Zealand.
7. What is your proudest achievement as an accomplished entrepreneur?
Manisha: ThreeSite.com successfully delivered 600+ projects in the last 8 years. Our business is now Level 2 Supplier on Fiverr.com. Our proudest achievement was when we completed 500th Project as we were in the first 10% service provider list of those who had completed these many projects in a short period of time.
8. How do you achieve balance in your life?
- Set mobiles and laptops off for 10 mins a day.
- Never miss a family dinner
- Learn 1 new thing every day
9. Your top 3 book recommendations?
- Awaken the giant within – Tony Robbins
- The Power of Communication – Helio Fred Garcia
- The Art of SEO – Eric Enge
10. What are your most rewarding charitable involvements?
Manisha: Giving back to the community is always my favorite topic. I visit a temple every Saturday and provide food to poor people.
11. Who has influenced your career the most?
Manisha: My dad who is also an entrepreneur had influenced me a lot to start a business.
12. What is your advice for someone interested in entrepreneurship?
Love what you do and do what you love
Take calculative risk
Ask yourself “How can you add value in other’s lives?”